The Farmall Super C tractor is a 2WD row-crop tractor manufactured by International Harvester, a company with a rich history of producing quality agricultural equipment. From 1951 to 1954, this reliable machine was a popular choice for farmers who needed a versatile and powerful tractor to handle their day-to-day tasks.
Under the hood, the Farmall Super C is equipped with a 2.0 L four-cylinder gasoline engine, which provides plenty of power for a range of agricultural tasks. The engine is designed to be durable and efficient, with a reputation for longevity that made it a favorite among farmers for many years.
The transmission of the Farmall Super C is a sliding gear design, featuring 4 forward and 1 reverse gear, which allows the operator to choose the best speed for the task at hand. This feature makes it easier for the operator to adapt to different terrain and workload requirements, increasing productivity and efficiency on the farm.
Features Of Farmall Super C Tractor
The Farmall Super C tractor is a reliable and versatile machine that played an important role in the agricultural sector. Its powerful engine, efficient transmission, and range of features helped farmers to increase their productivity and efficiency, making it a valuable investment for any agricultural operation. Let’s Learn about Its prominent features in depth:
The Farmall Super C row-crop tractor is powered by the International Harvester C123 engine, which is a four-cylinder, 2.0 liter, natural aspirated gasoline engine. This engine boasts a cylinder bore of 79.0 mm and a piston stroke of 102.0 mm, resulting in a displacement of 2,011 cm2 or 122.7 cubic inches. With a compression ratio rating of 6.0:1, the engine is able to produce an output power of 26.2 PS, which translates to 19.3 KW or 26.0 HP.
Its natural aspiration means that it doesn’t rely on a turbocharger or supercharger to generate power, which reduces the complexity of the engine and increases its durability. Additionally, the engine’s compression ratio rating of 6.0:1 makes it well-suited for use with low octane gasoline, which can be a cost-effective fuel option for small farms and homesteads.
The Farmall Super C tractor is equipped with a sliding gear transmission, which is a type of manual transmission commonly used in tractors and other heavy equipment. This transmission has four forward gears and one reverse gear, providing the operator with a range of speed options to suit different tasks and terrain. The transmission is operated by shifting gears manually, using a gear stick or lever located next to the driver’s seat. With a maximum forward speed of 16.6 km/h (10.3 mph) and a maximum reverse speed of 4.8 km/h (3 mph), the sliding gear transmission of the Farmall Super C tractor provides the operator with sufficient speed and control to efficiently perform a variety of tasks, such as plowing, tilling, or hauling loads.
Other General Features
The Farmall Super C is also equipped with manual steering, differential mechanical disc brakes, and an open operator station. These features provide the operator with greater control and visibility, making it easier to operate the tractor in a variety of conditions. Additionally, the tractor features a 41.6-liter fuel tank, which provides plenty of fuel for long days on the farm without the need for frequent refueling.
List Of Serial Number
The serial number can be found on the tag present on the seat support frame of the Farmall Super C tractor.
The serial number of the tractor is written adjacent to the year of its manufacture:
1951 – FC100001
1952 – FC131157
1953 – FC159130
1954 – FC187788
Pros Of The Farmall Super C Tractor
- The Farmall Super C tractor is a highly versatile machine that can be used for a variety of tasks, from plowing and tilling to mowing and hauling. This makes it a great choice for small farms and homesteads that require a single machine that can handle multiple tasks.
- With its relatively small size and tight turning radius, the Farmall Super C tractor is easy to maneuver in tight spaces and around obstacles. This makes it well-suited for use in small fields, orchards, and vineyards.
- Due to its relatively small displacement and simple design, this engine is able to provide ample power without consuming excessive amounts of fuel.
- The engine’s low maintenance requirements mean that it can be operated for extended periods without needing significant repairs or overhauls.
Cons Of The Farmall Super C Tractor
- The Farmall Super C tractor has a relatively low output power compared to other tractors on the market. This can make it less suitable for heavy-duty tasks or for use on larger farms.
- The Farmall Super C tractor is an older model that may be difficult to find on the market, and replacement parts may also be scarce. This can make it challenging to maintain and repair the machine over the long term.
Price Of The Farmall Super C Tractor
The original price of the Farmall Super C tractor was $1,700 in 1954. The price of a used tractor can depend upon the condition of its engine and other mechanical components.
The Farmall Super C tractor is a versatile and reliable machine that is well-suited for use on small farms and homesteads. With its simple design, fuel efficiency, and compact size, it can handle a variety of tasks with ease. However, it may not be suitable for larger farms or heavy-duty tasks, and it lacks some of the advanced features and technologies that are now available on newer tractor models. Overall, the Farmall Super C tractor is a classic machine that has stood the test of time and remains a popular choice among farmers and tractor enthusiasts alike.