Tractors have been ruling the agricultural and farming business for years now. Many people are out there that rely completely on tractors for earning their daily bread. Tractors can be used for fertilizing, planting, harvesting, soil preparation, and many more. The entire process of farming has become way easier because of these tractors.
The ford 2000 utility tractor is one such tractor that was manufactured by Ford from 1962 to 1975. These tractors were released in two separate generations and are well-equipped for modern-day farming needs. You will be able to carry out all your farming activities using ford 2000. The tractor is also known for its unique specifications.
So, here you will find reliable information about some of the important specifications of ford 2000. Hopefully, whatever information this post contains will give a better insight into where the tractor is going to fulfill all your specific needs and whether it is worth buying the tractor or not.
Important features and functions of ford 2000
The ford 2000 utility tractor has a huge range of exciting features, making it a unique tractor of recent times. So, let us have an in-depth look at some of the important features:
Engine: The ford 2000 tractor can be equipped with either of the two engines: a 2.2 L gasoline engine or 2.4 L four-cylinder diesel. This makes it a highly versatile tractor. The engine type is four-stroke, liquid-cooled, inline. As a result, the engine will automatically get cooled without you having to restart it every now and then. There are four cylinders and the starter is electric. The compression ratio is 7.5:1.
Hydraulic system: The hydraulic system is open centre type. The tractor has a hydraulic capacity of 7.6 L. It uses a pressure of 2000 psi. The number of valves that are connected to the hydraulic system is 2 and the pump flow is 4.0 GPM.
Transmission: The transmission model is Select-O-Speed and the transmission type is power shift or sliding gear. The chassis is 4×2 2WD while the steering type is Manual (utility) or power (row-crop). In total, there are 10 forward and 2 reverse gears. All these features make this tractor a perfect choice among the customers.
PTO: The Power take-off shaft is another important feature that needs to be observed before you decide to purchase a tractor. The ford 2000 tractor has a Rear PTO type of Transmission, live, independent. The Rear PTO speed is 540 rpm.
Why should you buy the ford 2000 tractor?
The ford 2000 tractor can either be equipped with a diesel engine or a gasoline engine. It also has a manual or power steering. The open operation station is also a very important feature of this tractor. The fuel tank has a sufficient capacity of 49.2 liters. It also comes with 4 forward and 1 reverse gear or 5 forward and 1 reverse gear. You will be able to use this tractor for years without taking it for regular maintenance and repair services. The hydraulic system is also an open center. The hydraulic capacity is also quite large.
Advantages of ford 2000 tractor:
- Ford 2000 has an extremely powerful engine that runs quite smoothly at high rpm.
- The tractor is also very easy to operate. Anyone having a basic knowledge of tractors will be able to drive them easily.
- It makes mowing a very easy job. This makes the tractor the first choice among the farmers.
- The tractor is also very quiet. It does not make unnecessary noise while you are trying to move it around.
- The fuel consumption rate is quite low. This will help you to save a lot of money.
- It will also help you to save a lot of time while you are operating it. This is because of its highly efficient hydraulic system.
- The body of the engine is also quite durable because of the quality of material used in making the framework of the vehicle.
Disadvantages of ford 2000 tractor:
- The replacement part of this tractor is quite difficult to find. You will have to go through a hard time looking for spare parts in case any of the parts get damaged.
- The tractor is also on the pricey end.
Few things to consider before getting your ford 2000:
- First and foremost, you need to check out whether the engine of your tractor is in really good condition. Only then should you go for the tractor.
- Make sure that you carefully inspect the entire body of the vehicle. There should be no dents or marks anywhere. You should also check out whether there is any rusting on the lower portion of the tractor.
- Go for a test drive before you actually buy your tractor. This will help you to understand whether it is making any kind of noise or not.
- Make sure that your headlines are in very good condition. This will help you to work during the evenings. In this way, you will be able to avoid the heat of the sun during warm summer days.
- The tires should provide you with heavy traction. This will allow you to work in any condition.
- The dealer from home you are going to purchase the tractor should also be very supportive. This will help you to get routine maintenance service for your tractor.
Now that all the specifications have been reviewed here about ford 2000 for you, hopefully, you will be able to make up your mind regarding whether you should go for this tractor or not. If you already own this tractor, and you have your own review to share with us, do let us know of it.