Ford 4000 is one such tractor that has always appealed to the farmers. The tractor is perfect for modern farming. It can be used for all kinds of agricultural use. The tractor is also built using advanced technologies and modern features to bring you a better experience than ever. You can use this tractor for years without having to worry about getting it repaired every now and then.
Although the tractor was initially launched years ago, it is still trending in the market. Even today, it is has become the most popular choice among the farmers and every farmer craves a ford 4000. Comes with the modern features integrated into it in the best possible way, the tractor brings you better experience for all your purposes. Ford 4000 stands for being one of the most popular tractors manufactured by ford.
Here is reliable guide that you want to know some of the important features and specifications of the ford 4000 tractor. So, let us see what the ford 4000 tractor has got in store for us.
|Engine||Ford diesel 3-cylinder, liquid-cooled|
|Coolant capacity||13.2 L|
|Rear PTO type||Transmission or independent|
|Rear PTO speed||540, 1,000 rpm|
|Hydraulic type||Open centre|
|Brakes||mechanical wet disc|
Various significant features of ford 4000 tractor
The ford 4000 tractor is one of its kinds. It has endless features and specifications which makes it one of the best tractors of its time. Some of the notable features of ford 4000 have been listed below:
It has a ford diesel 3-cylinder which is liquid-cooled. This means you need not have to turn your engine off at frequent intervals just to cool it down. The displacement is 201 ci. The stroke is 4.40×4.40 inches while the compression ratio is 16.5:1. The starter is also quite fluid and you can start your engine in seconds. All these features make the engine extremely durable and long-lasting.
Ford 4000 has open-centre hydraulics. The control valve has an open central path. The flow type is also continuous. The total capacity is 31.8 L (transmission PTO) and 30.7 L (independent PTO). The pressure is 2500 psi while the Pump flow is 5.4 gpm. The hydraulic system makes the tractor superior to other tractors of its range.
The chassis is 4×2 2WD. The final drives are inbound planetary. The ford 4000 has manual steering which is driven by hydraulic power. It also has mechanical wet disc brakes. The differential lock of the system is mechanical rear.
Ford 4000 has dual range transmission. The power steering will give you complete control over your vehicle. The tractor has 8 forward and 2 reverse gears. It also has a clutch capacity of dry disc type. The oil capacity is also 12.5 L which is a lot as compared to other tractors.
Pros of buying ford 4000 tractor:
- The Ford 4000 Utility tractor has a diesel 3 cylinder liquid-cooled engine. The engine is capable of delivering 55 hp power.
- The tractor also has a four-speed gear selector on its left. It is quite easy to handle.
- The tractor also comes with mechanical disc brakes. It has 2 reverse and 8 forward gears.
- The body parts of the tractor are also quite durable. You need not have to take it for regular maintenance and repair.
Cons of buying ford 4000 tractor
- The manual steering is quite a drawback as most tractors of today have automatic steering which is quite easy to handle. Even a novice will be able to use the tractor with complete ease.
- It is also an expensive purchase. However, you can get it at a reasonably lowe price if you can get in touch with the right vendor.
How to find out when my ford 4000 was made?
Each ford 4000 tractor comes with a serial number and you will be able to find out the year in which your vehicle was made from the serial number itself.
What is the price of a Ford 4000 tractor?
The initial price of the tractor when it was first launched in the market in 1965 was 3,500 USD. The price, however, has risen considerably in the last few years. Today, you can get it at an approximate price of 6,000 USD.
Few important buying tips
A tractor isn’t something that you would want to buy every year. You definitely want your tractor to last for years. So, here we have come up with a few points that you must always consider before you buy your tractor:
- You must make it a point to carefully check out the engine of your vehicle as the engine is the heart of the tractor and it is going to determine how your vehicle is going to perform in the long run.
- You should also be very particular about choosing your transmission type. This is going to give you an enhanced riding experience.
- Carefully check the tractor for unpleasant noises. Your tractor should not be producing any kind of unnecessary noises while you are driving it.
- Make sure that there is no dent in the body of your vehicle. There shouldn’t be any rust accumulation as well.
- Check the internet for detailed ratings and reviews. Also, do not just depend on a particular source for review. You should at least check out 3 to 4 sources.
To end with:
So, this was all about the Ford 4000. Hopefully, this review will help you to help you in deciding whether the tractor is worth the purchase. Although the vehicle is quite an old one, yet the engine is extremely reliable and the vehicle is going to serve you for years without causing any major trouble. In case you have any other features in mind, do let us know of them and we will update them in our details.