John Deere had launched many row crop tractors during the last few decades but the one tractor which has truly left an everlasting impact was the John Deere 2010 tractor. It is the first tractor of the New Generation series. The tractor was manufactured from 1960 to 1965 in the USA. The tractor was truly ahead of time. It was the first modern tractor that had four cylinders. The tractor is highly reliable and is widely used even today. The tractor has a lot of new strategies. It also included a completely new engine which is not only powerful but is also quite efficient. It works really well in all kinds of ground condition. It is perfect for all modern farming methods. So, let us have a glimpse at some of the most important features, advantages and disadvantages of the John Deere 2010 tractor.
As we have already mentioned, the John Deere 2010 is loaded with some of the most amazing and extraordinary features. So, let us study some of the important and unique features of the tractor individually:
General features: The John Deere 2010 has a length of 3,540 mm, the width is 1,800 mm while the height of the tractor is 1,930 mm. The wheelbase is 2,200 mm. The weight of the gasoline tractor is 2,290 kg while that of the diesel tractor is 2,320 kg. The total fuel capacity of the tractor is 60.6 litres. It has an open operator station cabin type.
Engine: The John Deere 2010 tractor is equipped with two different types of engines. It can be fitted with the four cylinder natural gasoline or LPG gas engine. The capacity of the engine is 2.4 litres while the engine bore is 92mm. The compression ratio is 8.3:1. The four cylinders natural diesel engine can also be used for the tractor. The engine capacity is 2.7 litres. The cylinder bore is 98mm while the compression ratio is 19:1. Both these engines are equally powerful.
The starter of both the engines is electric type. The engines are highly powerful and allow the tractor to glide smoothly across any surface without creating any kind of fuss.
Transmission: The transmission capacity of the engine is going to determine how well the attachments of the engine are going to work. The chassis of the John Deere 2010 tractor is 4×2 WD. It has a manual or power steering type. You can choose your steering type depending on your preference. This gives you a lot of flexibility. The brakes are differential mechanical dry disk type. The transmission model is Syncro-Range. The transmission system comes with 8 forward and 3 reverse gears. The forward speed is 19.3 mph while the reverse speed is 9 mph.
PTO (Power take-off shaft): The power take-off shaft is a very important aspect of the engine of the tractor. The PTO determines how smoothly the engine is going to take up power from the power source. The John Deere 2010 tractor has a live optional type PTO and the speed is 540/1000 rpm. This gives it an extremely good performance. You can handle every single part of the tractor in a smooth and efficient way.
Hydraulic system: The hydraulic system is an open type. It is also of very good quality. The hydraulic system has a total capacity of 13.3 litres. It can have either one or two valves. The pressure is 150 psi while the total flow is 11 gpm.
Advantages of the John Deere 2010 tractor:
Being one of the most desirable tractors of the new Generation series, the John Deere 2010 tractor comes with a huge range of advantages. A few of the most important advantages have been listed below:
- The John Deere 2010 is one of the most durable tractors of the John Deere series. The framework is very hard and durable. You will not have to take your tractor for maintenance every now and then. The farmers have been using these tractors for years without any kind of maintenance.
- The tractor is also quite versatile you will be able to use it for multiple gardening and farming purpose. It is a row crop tractor and is also quite easy to deal with. It can easily adapt itself to all the modern farming methods.
- The parts of the tractor run quite smoothly. The engine is also very powerful and has a very long service life if it is maintained properly.
- The tractor is also quite affordable. However, the price is never constant. It is also available at different prices in online and offline mode. You need to check with at least 2 to 3 dealers before you purchase your tractor.
- The PTO works really and it can give the tractor an excellent performance. You will be able to use the tractor for every month of the year, unlike other tractors which failed to perform well during the winter months.
Disadvantages of the John Deere 2010 tractor:
Like any other tractor, the John Deere 2010 tractor also has certain disadvantages. Let us check out some of the major disadvantages of this tractor:
- The tractor is not much fuel-efficient. You may have to refill the engines every now and then.
- The tractor parts are really difficult to find in the market. So, in case there is any damage to any of the existing part, you may have to face a really hard time in looking for authentic spare parts.
- The spare parts are also quite expensive and it may cost you a lot of money to get a new part for your vehicle.
So, this was all about the review of the John Deere 2010 tractor. As you can see, the tractor is quite a suitable choice for modern farmers. It will give those loads of features. The tractor is also quite easy to deal with and can be worked on with minimum expertise. All the parts of the tractor are also quite durable. Overall, it can be quite a valuable buying option. So, if you have any other opinion that you would want to share about the John Deere 2010 tractor, do let us know of them and we will surely share them with the readers.