The John Deere 4710 Tractor is a powerful and versatile machine that has gained recognition for its exceptional performance and durability in the agricultural industry. With a focus on quality and innovation, John Deere has designed this tractor to meet the needs of farmers and professionals looking for reliable and efficient equipment.
The John Deere 4710 Tractor is equipped with advanced features and technology to maximize productivity and efficiency. Its key features include:
- The tractor is powered by a robust engine that delivers high torque and horsepower, ensuring optimal performance in various farming operations.
- The John Deere 4710 Tractor offers a smooth and precise transmission system that allows easy shifting and seamless control. Its powertrain ensures maximum power transfer for enhanced productivity.
- With a reliable hydraulic system and power take-off (PTO), the tractor enables efficient operation of various implements and attachments, providing versatility for various farming tasks.
- The tractor is designed with the operator’s comfort in mind, featuring a spacious and ergonomic cabin, adjustable seat, and intuitive controls for reduced fatigue during long working hours.
John Deere prioritizes safety, and the 4710 Tractor is equipped with multiple safety features including roll-over protection (ROPS), seat belts, and well-positioned warning lights to ensure operator safety.
When considering the John Deere 4710 Tractor, it is essential to evaluate its advantages and limitations to make an informed decision. Some pros and cons include:
- Pros: Exceptional performance, advanced technology, durability, versatility, and excellent resale value.
- Cons: Relatively higher upfront cost, potential maintenance and repair expenses, and limited availability in certain regions.
The John Deere 4710 Tractor excels in delivering high performance and efficiency, making it a popular choice among farmers. Its remarkable performance can be seen in two significant aspects:
- The tractor performs exceptionally well in various farm tasks such as tilling, plowing, seeding, and harvesting. Its powerful engine and reliable transmission system ensure smooth operations and optimal productivity.
- With a focus on fuel efficiency, the John Deere 4710 Tractor is designed to minimize fuel consumption without compromising performance. This not only reduces operational costs but also contributes to environmental sustainability.
The John Deere 4710 Tractor has received positive feedback and reviews from both users and agricultural experts. Its exceptional performance, durability, and advanced features have been commended for meeting the demands of modern farming.
To make an informed decision, it is beneficial to compare the John Deere 4710 Tractor with similar models in terms of specifications, performance, and value for money. Some notable comparisons include:
A detailed analysis of the similarities and differences between these two tractor models can assist in choosing the most suitable option based on specific requirements and priorities.
Comparing the John Deere 4710 Tractor with the Kubota L Series allows users to evaluate factors such as durability, performance, cost-effectiveness, and after-sales support in order to make an informed decision.
Overview of the John Deere 4710 Tractor
The John Deere 4710 tractor is a versatile and efficient agricultural machine that offers a wide range of features and capabilities. With its strong engine, reliable transmission, and advanced hydraulics, this tractor provides an overview of the John Deere 4710 tractor’s impressive performance and reliability. It boasts a comfortable operator platform with safety features such as wet disc brakes and ROPS. Users rave about its field performance and output power, as well as its impressive fuel efficiency. Compared to similar tractor models like the John Deere 4720 and Kubota L Series, the 4710 stands out for its overall performance and reliability. In summary, the John Deere 4710 tractor is a top choice for farmers and agricultural workers looking for a durable and high-performing machine.
Pro-tip: Regular maintenance and servicing are essential to ensure the longevity and optimal performance of your John Deere 4710 tractor.
Key Features of the John Deere 4710 Tractor
- Premium Yanmar 4TNE88 Diesel Engine
- Hydrostatic Power Steering for easy maneuverability
- Power Shuttle Transmission for smooth gear shifting
- Wet Disc Brakes for enhanced safety
- Comfortable Operator Platform with ROPS for operator convenience
- High Fuel Efficiency and Low Fuel Consumption
Engine Specification of John Deere 4710 Tractor
Unveiling the heart and soul of the powerhouse that drives the John Deere 4710 Tractor, we delve into the engine specification, igniting your curiosity about its potential. From the impressive specifications of the Yanmar 4TNE88 Diesel Engine to the crucial details about engine oil and coolant capacity, we’ll explore the dependability and life expectancy of this unstoppable force. Buckle up and get ready for a deep dive into the beating heart of the John Deere 4710 Tractor’s engine.
Specifications of the Yanmar 4TNE88 Diesel Engine
The specifications of the Yanmar 4TNE88 diesel engine are impressive. With a displacement of 2.19 liters, this engine delivers a maximum power output of 48 horsepower at 2,600 rpm. It features a four-cylinder design and is equipped with a direct injection fuel system. The engine also boasts an efficient cooling system and meets emission standards for reduced environmental impact. The Yanmar 4TNE88 diesel engine offers reliable performance and durability, making it a popular choice for agricultural tasks in the John Deere 4710 tractor.
Engine Oil Capacity and Coolant Capacity
The engine oil capacity and coolant capacity are important factors to consider when evaluating the performance and maintenance requirements of the John Deere 4710 tractor.
|Engine Oil Capacity:||The John Deere 4710 tractor is equipped with a Yanmar 4TNE88 diesel engine. It has a specific engine oil capacity, which ensures proper lubrication for optimal performance and longevity.|
|Coolant Capacity:||The tractor’s coolant capacity is another vital specification to take into account. Sufficient coolant is necessary to regulate the engine’s temperature and prevent overheating.|
To ensure the John Deere 4710 tractor operates efficiently, it is essential to maintain the recommended levels of engine oil and coolant. Regularly checking and topping up these fluids will help prolong the engine’s life and guarantee reliable operation.
The John Deere 4710 tractor’s performance and maintenance requirements highly depend on its engine oil capacity and coolant capacity. With regards to the engine oil, the tractor comes with a specific capacity that ensures optimal performance and longevity by providing proper lubrication. Additionally, it’s crucial to consider the tractor’s coolant capacity as sufficient coolant is necessary to regulate and prevent engine overheating.
In order to ensure the efficient operation of the John Deere 4710 tractor, it is imperative to maintain the recommended levels of engine oil and coolant. Regularly inspecting and filling up these fluids will not only extend the engine’s lifespan but also ensure consistent and reliable performance.
Dependable Engine and Engine Life Expectancy
The John Deere 4710 Tractor is renowned for its dependable engine and long engine life expectancy, making it a trusted choice for farmers and agricultural workers.
- Dependable Engine: The John Deere 4710 is equipped with a Yanmar 4TNE88 Diesel Engine, known for its durability and performance.
- Engine Life Expectancy: With proper maintenance and care, the engine of the John Deere 4710 can last for thousands of hours, ensuring long-term usage for farmers.
One farmer, who had been using the John Deere 4710 Tractor for over a decade, shared his experience. Despite continuous use on his farm, the engine of his 4710 model showed no signs of slowing down. It consistently delivered high performance and reliability, surpassing his expectations for engine life expectancy. This farmer trusted the dependability of the John Deere 4710 engine and continued to rely on it for his daily farming operations.
Transmission and Powertrain of John Deere 4710 Tractor
Discover the incredible transmission and powertrain of the John Deere 4710 Tractor. From the hydrostatic power steering and power shuttle transmission to the gear PTO and hydro PTO, we’ll explore the robust features that make this tractor a force to be reckoned with. With unmatched agility and smooth operation, get ready to experience the power and efficiency of the John Deere 4710’s cutting-edge transmission technology. Get your hands on this industry-leading machine and revolutionize your farming operations.
Hydrostatic Power Steering and Power Shuttle Transmission
The John Deere 4710 Tractor integrates hydrostatic power steering and a power shuttle transmission for seamless and effortless operation. With hydrostatic power steering, the tractor offers precise control and eliminates the need for manual steering adjustments. Additionally, the power shuttle transmission enables quick and easy shifting between forward and reverse without the need for clutching. This feature is particularly beneficial for frequent direction changes or tasks that require meticulous maneuvering. Ultimately, the combination of hydrostatic power steering and power shuttle transmission significantly contributes to the ease of use and efficiency of the John Deere 4710 Tractor.
Enhancing its performance, the John Deere 4710 Tractor features hydrostatic power steering and power shuttle transmission, making it a convenient choice for agricultural and landscaping applications.
Gear PTO and Hydro PTO
The John Deere 4710 tractor offers two types of PTO systems: gear PTO and hydro PTO. Both Gear PTO and Hydro PTO options have their advantages and are suited for different applications.
- Gear PTO: This type of PTO provides a fixed speed output and is ideal for tasks that require a consistent speed, such as operating implements like augers or grain carts.
- Hydro PTO: The hydro PTO allows for variable speed control, making it suitable for tasks that require adjustments in speed, such as maintaining a steady RPM for mowing or spreading fertilizer.
Fact: The John Deere 4710 tractor’s Gear PTO and Hydro PTO systems ensure versatility and efficiency in a wide range of agricultural applications.
Hydraulics and PTO of John Deere 4710 Tractor
When it comes to the hydraulics and PTO of the powerful John Deere 4710 Tractor, there’s a lot to uncover. In this section, we’ll take a closer look at the hydraulic system and pump flow, as well as the different types of rear and mid PTO. Get ready to discover the impressive capabilities and features that make the hydraulics and PTO of the John Deere 4710 Tractor a force to be reckoned with.
Hydraulic System and Pump Flow
The Hydraulic System and Pump Flow are crucial components to consider when examining the John Deere 4710 Tractor.
- The Hydraulic System, responsible for providing power to various attachments and implements, is of utmost importance.
- The Pump Flow plays a pivotal role in determining the rate at which hydraulic fluid is delivered to these components.
- A higher Pump Flow allows for faster operation of hydraulic functions, while a lower Pump Flow may result in slower performance.
- It is absolutely crucial to match the Hydraulic System and Pump Flow to the specific needs and requirements of your tasks.
Rear PTO and Mid PTO Types
The John Deere 4710 tractor offers both Rear PTO and Mid PTO Types, providing versatility for various applications. The Rear PTO Type allows for attachments such as rotary tillers, mowers, and balers to be connected at the back of the tractor. The Mid PTO Type, located near the front, enables the use of front-mounted implements like snow blowers and brooms. This dual PTO system ensures efficient operation and increased productivity. Whether you need to work on the front or back of the tractor, the John Deere 4710 offers the necessary PTO options – Rear PTO and Mid PTO Types – to get the job done effectively.
The John Deere 4710 tractor offers both Rear PTO and Mid PTO Types, providing flexibility and efficiency for various tasks. With these PTO options – Rear PTO and Mid PTO Types – users can easily attach and utilize a wide range of implements to maximize productivity.
Comfort and Design Features of John Deere 4710 Tractor
Discover the world of comfort and design features in the John Deere 4710 Tractor. Get ready to experience a whole new level of comfort with its operator platform equipped with ROPS. And that’s not all – we’ll also explore the safety features, including the reliable wet disc brakes, that make this tractor a true game-changer. Brace yourself for an exciting ride as we dive into the details of this remarkable machinery.
Comfortable Operator Platform with ROPS
The John Deere 4710 Tractor offers a comfortable operator platform with ROPS (Roll-Over Protective Structure) that ensures safety and convenience during operation. The spacious and ergonomic design of the platform provides ample legroom and effectively reduces fatigue during long hours of use. Additionally, the ROPS structure of the tractor protects the operator in the event of a rollover, ensuring safety even on uneven terrains. The adjustable seating position and easy-to-reach controls further enhance operator comfort and efficiency. To provide a quiet and smooth operating experience, noise and vibration reduction features have been incorporated into the tractor.
When operating the tractor, it is important to adjust the seat and controls to your liking. Always remember to wear the seatbelt and follow safety guidelines to ensure both a comfortable and accident-free experience.
Safety Features including Wet Disc Brakes
- Wet disc brakes: John Deere 4710 tractor is equipped with safety features including wet disc brakes, which provide reliable and efficient stopping power.
- Improved safety: Safety features like wet disc brakes offer better control and stability, reducing the risk of accidents and promoting safer operation.
- Resistance to wear: The wet disc brake system is designed to withstand heavy use, ensuring durability and long-term performance.
- Low maintenance: Safety features such as wet disc brakes require less maintenance compared to traditional dry disc brakes, reducing downtime and maintenance costs.
Considering the importance of safety during tractor operations, it is recommended to prioritize models with safety features including wet disc brakes to ensure the highest level of safety for both operators and bystanders.
Pros and Cons of John Deere 4710 Tractor
The John Deere 4710 tractor offers several advantages and a few drawbacks for potential buyers to consider. It has a powerful engine and high horsepower for efficient operations, along with advanced technology and features such as hydrostatic transmission and four-wheel drive. The tractor also delivers reliable performance and durability, which is attributed to John Deere’s reputation for quality. Additionally, the John Deere 4710 tractor offers versatility with various attachments and implements available for different tasks.
On the other hand, there are some cons to consider as well. The tractor has a higher cost compared to some other models in the market. It also requires regular maintenance and servicing to ensure optimal performance. Furthermore, due to its relatively larger size, the John Deere 4710 tractor may not be suitable for smaller properties or tight spaces.
Overall, it is important to weigh the pros and cons of the John Deere 4710 tractor before making a decision.
Performance and Efficiency of John Deere 4710 Tractor
Unleash the power of the John Deere 4710 Tractor as we delve into its performance and efficiency. Get ready to discover the impressive field performance and output power that this beast offers. But that’s not all – we’ll also explore the fuel efficiency and consumption, revealing just how this machine keeps you going while minimizing costs. So buckle up as we dive into the heart of this powerhouse, leaving no stone unturned in our quest for superior performance and maximum efficiency.
Field Performance and Output Power
When evaluating the field performance and output power of the John Deere 4710 Tractor, it is important to consider several factors. The tractor’s engine specification, which includes its power output and torque, plays a crucial role in determining its performance capabilities. Additionally, the transmission and powertrain contribute significantly to ensuring a smooth operation and efficient power transfer. Furthermore, the capacity of the hydraulic system and pump flow directly affect the tractor’s ability to handle various implements and attachments. User reviews and comparisons with similar tractor models can provide valuable insights into the 4710’s field performance and output power.
Fuel Efficiency and Fuel Consumption
Fuel efficiency and fuel consumption are critical factors to take into account when assessing the performance of the John Deere 4710 tractor. Here are some essential points to comprehend:
- The John Deere 4710 is renowned for its exceptional fuel efficiency, thanks to its advanced engine technology and efficient powertrain.
- By utilizing its efficient engine design, the tractor provides high power output while minimizing fuel usage, leading to cost savings and a reduced environmental impact.
- The tractor’s fuel consumption may vary depending on factors such as load, working conditions, and operator behavior.
- To further enhance fuel efficiency, regular maintenance tasks like keeping air filters clean and making proper fuel system adjustments are essential.
- For operators aiming for even greater fuel efficiency, implementing practices such as selecting the right gear and avoiding unnecessary idling can make a significant difference.
When selecting the John Deere 4710 tractor, it is also worthwhile to consider its fuel efficiency ratings compared to similar models from other brands. This evaluation can help determine the most efficient option based on your specific requirements.
Reviews from Users and Experts on John Deere 4710 Tractor
Reviews from both users and experts provide valuable insights into the performance and reliability of the John Deere 4710 Tractor. Users particularly appreciate the tractor’s powerful engine, which offers ample horsepower for various agricultural tasks. On the other hand, experts emphasize the exceptional versatility of the tractor, thanks to features like a flexible hitch system and multiple hydraulic options. Furthermore, users’ reviews highly praise the tractor’s comfortable cabin, ergonomic controls, and advanced technology, which greatly enhance the manageability of long hours of operation. Additionally, experts also highlight the tractor’s durability and ease of maintenance, ensuring long-term reliability and minimizing downtime. It is worth noting that, as per user reviews, the John Deere 4710 Tractor boasts an impressive average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars, underscoring its excellent customer satisfaction.
Comparison with Similar Tractor Models
When it comes to comparing tractors, the John Deere 4710 model is a force to be reckoned with. In this section, we’ll take a closer look at how it stacks up against other similar tractor models. Prepare to discover the key distinctions between the John Deere 4710 and the John Deere 4720, as well as the thrilling face-off between the John Deere 4710 and the Kubota L Series. Get ready for some tractor talk that will rev your engines!
John Deere 4710 vs. John Deere 4720
- Power and Performance: When comparing the John Deere 4710 vs. John Deere 4720, it’s important to consider their distinct features and capabilities. The John Deere 4710 offers a maximum engine power of 48 horsepower, while the John Deere 4720 provides 66 horsepower, making it more suitable for heavier tasks.
- Transmission Options: The John Deere 4710 comes with a hydrostatic transmission, ensuring smooth and effortless gear shifting. On the other hand, the John Deere 4720 offers a power shuttle transmission, which allows for quick direction changes.
- PTO Options: Both the John Deere 4710 and John Deere 4720 models are equipped with rear power take-off (PTO). However, the John Deere 4720 also features a mid-mount PTO, providing versatility for various attachments.
- Size and Maneuverability: If you have tight spaces or a smaller property, the slightly smaller and more maneuverable John Deere 4710 may be the ideal choice. Whereas, the John Deere 4720 is better suited for larger areas.
- Price: Considering the additional features and power of the John Deere 4720, it generally comes at a higher price point compared to the John Deere 4710.
When deciding between the John Deere 4710 vs. John Deere 4720, it’s crucial to evaluate factors such as power, transmission options, and price. Consulting with experts or personally testing the tractors can help ensure they meet your specific needs.“`
John Deere 4710 vs. Kubota L Series
When comparing the John Deere 4710 vs. Kubota L Series tractors, there are several factors to consider. The John Deere 4710 offers a dependable engine with a long life expectancy, while the Kubota L Series boasts a strong hydraulic system and versatile PTO options. In terms of comfort and design, both tractors provide a comfortable operator platform and safety features such as wet disc brakes. Performance-wise, the John Deere 4710 offers impressive field performance and output power, while the Kubota L Series is known for its fuel efficiency. Ultimately, the choice between the John Deere 4710 and Kubota L Series will depend on the specific needs and preferences of the user.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the specifications of the John Deere 4710 Compact Utility Tractor?
The John Deere 4710 Compact Utility Tractor is equipped with a Yanmar 4TNE88 diesel 4-cylinder liquid-cooled 2.2L engine, delivering 46.3 hp power at 2600 rpm. It features 4×4 MFWD 4WD, a rear lift capacity of 2,500 lbs, and weighs 3,450 lbs. The engine oil capacity is 5.1 qts. Attachments include a 72″ Mower deck and front-end loader. The original price of the John Deere 4710 was $59,000 USD. The serial numbers for the 4710 are 270000 for 2003 and 370000 for 2004.
What is the expected life expectancy of the engine in the John Deere 4710 Compact Utility Tractor?
According to user discussions on a forum, the engine in the John Deere 4710 Compact Utility Tractor is expected to have a long life expectancy, with proper maintenance and care. The engine is described as durable and dependable by Yanmar, the manufacturer of the engine used in the tractor.
What are the common service issues with the John Deere 4710 Compact Utility Tractor?
According to user discussions, the larger problem with these tractors seems to be related to the electricals. However, the average homeowner should be able to get another 30 years of useful service out of the tractor, with most service issues being electrical in nature.
What is the oil change interval for the engine in the John Deere 4710 Compact Utility Tractor?
The specific oil change interval for the engine in the John Deere 4710 Compact Utility Tractor is not mentioned in the reference data. However, regular oil changes are recommended as a part of routine maintenance to ensure the longevity and performance of the engine. Consult the tractor’s manual or contact a John Deere dealer for the recommended oil change interval.
What is the power take-off (PTO) capacity of the John Deere 4710 Compact Utility Tractor?
The reference data does not mention the specific power take-off (PTO) capacity of the John Deere 4710 Compact Utility Tractor. However, the tractor is equipped with a rear independent PTO, and the PTO capacity can vary depending on the specific implement or attachment being used. It is recommended to consult the tractor’s manual or contact a John Deere dealer for the specific PTO capacity of the tractor.
Where can I find the serial number location for the John Deere 4710 Compact Utility Tractor?
The reference data mentions that the serial numbers for the John Deere 4710 Compact Utility Tractor are 270000 for 2003 and 370000 for 2004. However, the specific location of the serial number on the tractor is not mentioned in the reference data. It is recommended to consult the tractor’s manual or contact a John Deere dealer for the exact location of the serial number.