The Kubota B7200 tractor is a compact utility tractor from the very popular B series. The tractor was first manufactured in 1983 by Kubota in Japan. The manufacturing process continued until 1990. The Kubota B7200 has a 0.9 litres 3 cylinder diesel engine. It comes with a gear type of transmission. It also has a dry disc clutch with 6 forward and 2 reverse gears. The tractor uses the Kubota D-950 LA engine.
It is a very popular tractor among the farmers of the modern generation. The tractor is not only easy to work with but it is also very reliable. Even a novice will find it really easy to handle the different parts of the tractor. However, as a tractor is quite an expensive vehicle, it requires a lot of consideration before you actually decide to pick on a particular tractor. That is why we have come with a complete review of the Kubota B7200 where we are going to discuss every single feature and specification of the tractor in details.
Kubota B7200 Tractor Serial Numbers:
The serial numbers of the tractors have been listed below. You can detect the year of manufacturing of the tractor from their serial numbers:
1984: 50026 (HST)
1985: 50711 (HST)
1986: 52531 (HST)
1987: 55065 (HST)
1988: 55977 (HST)
General features: The Kubota B7200 tractor has a length of 2540 mm, a width of 940 mm and a height of 1815 mm. The wheelbase of the tractor is 1400 mm. The full tank capacity is 15 litres and the battery is 12V. It consists of an open operator station cabinet type. All these general features make this tractor highly superior. It has always been one of the first choices among the tractor and it is an extremely popular tractor today.
Engine: The engine model used by the tractor is Kubota D950-LA. The tractor uses a 4-stroke liquid-cooled engine that has three cylinders. It uses diesel as fluid. The displacement is 0.9 litres. The tractor also has an electric starter. The coolant capacity is quite good which is of 2.8 litres. The oil capacity is 3.1 litres. The specifications of the engine are quite good. This makes the engine highly reliable.
Transmission: The chassis is 4×2 2WD. The steering type is the ball screw type. The tractor uses dry internal expanding brakes that are left and right independent. The brakes also come with an interlocking device. The transmission type is a gear type with a dry disc clutch. There are 6 forward and 2 reverse gears in the vehicle. The forward speed is 12.8 mph while the reverse speed is 6.4 mph. The transmission oil capacity is 12 litres. The transmission system of the tractor is extremely superior and this makes it really favorable for all the attachments to work in a hassle-free manner.
PTO: The power take-off shaft of the vehicle is also quite superior. This makes it easier for you to use the tractor in different regions without any kind of problem. The PTO is also highly reliable and makes the tractor even more powerful among all its competitors. The rear PTO speed is 540 rpm while the front PTO speed is 2500 rpm.
Hydraulics: The tractor uses an open centre hydraulic system. It consists of one single valve and the total flow is 4 gpm. The hydraulic capacity of the tractor is 12 litres. The hydraulic system is also quite advanced. Because of the well-designed hydraulic system, you will be able to use your tractor for years without requiring a lot of maintenance.
Advantages of the Kubota B7200 tractor:
The Kubota tractors have a huge range of advantages. So, let’s study a few of them:
- The engine of the tractor is extremely powerful. You will be able to drive your tractor under any condition. The engine is liquid-cooled. As a result, you will also not have to stop your engine after every few hours in order to cool down the engine. You will also not required regular engine maintenance.
- The tractor has a very durable framework. All the parts are made of a good quality material which makes them prone to wear and tear. Even if you are buying a used tractor, you will be able to use it for a prolonged duration of time. All the parts are also strongly attached to the tractor body to reduce friction between the parts.
- The tractor has a highly advanced transmission system. Because of this, the engine power can uniformly be transmitted to the different parts of the vehicle. As a result, all the attachments will work equally well. This will help to improve the performance of the tractor.
- As the tractor is quite durable and strong, it does not require regular maintenance. However, to make sure that the tractor has a really long service life, you can get all its parts checked out at least once a year. This is mainly important for the engine as the engine does require regular maintenance for a seamless performance.
Disadvantages of the Kubota B7200 tractor:
The Kubota b720 tractor does not only have advantages. There are various disadvantages as well which you need to keep in mind:
- It is always difficult to find spare parts of a tractor whose production ended years ago. So, if any of its parts get damaged, you may face a really difficult time in looking for the exact part for your vehicle in the market.
- Even if you do end up getting the exact parts, it may be too expensive for you. Sometimes, you will also get parts that are not completely reliable and cause a negative impact on the lifespan of your tractor.
And these are some of the most relevant specifications of the Kubota B7200 tractor. We hope these features will give you a clear picture of what the Kubota B7200 tractor is all about. You will also get to know the advantages and the disadvantages of the tractor from the review. Also, if you have anything in mind that you would want to add to the review, do let us know it.